WHAT IS THE PARENTS’ ASSOCIATION?
The short answer is every parent or carer with a child at Camp School is automatically a member. To find out more about the PA please take a look at the Beginner’s Guide.
WHAT WE DO
Throughout the year we run numerous activities and events to raise funds for the school. In recent years the PA has provided significant funding for technology, books, play equipment, school trips, parties, and birthday books for every child with the aim of enhancing the children’s school experience.
WHO RUNS THE PARENTS’ ASSOCIATION?
The PA is run by a committee voted for by all the members at the Annual General Meeting. Any member can stand. The current Chair is Sandra Teague. The idea is the Committee runs the charity but that all members are encouraged to help and contribute. We now have roles that need filling for September 2019, for more information, please click here.
WHAT EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES ARE THERE?
The main events are the Christmas and Summer fairs – these are designed to be great fun for all the family with crafts, games arcade, cake stalls, hot food and much more. These are great events to help at and enjoy.
In addition the PA runs regular cafés offering the opportunity to socialise over tea and cake, a crèche during parent consultation evenings, and a hugely popular quiz night. In the summer term “Ice cream Fridays” are a big hit after school. The profits go towards funding the School Yearbook which every child receives free. This is a lovely record of the children’s achievements over the year with pictures, photos and comments. Upcoming events already organised are as follows:
- 6th Sept, 11:00 am – Reception Parents’ Coffee Morning
- 30th Sept, 7:00 pm – AGM Minutes for the 2018 AGM
- 17th October, 2:30 pm – Years 3 and 4 Cake/pre-loved uniform sale
- 25th October – Non-Uniform Day £1 donation
- 7th Dec, 12:00 pm-3:00 pm- Christmas Fair (more information to follow)
- 10th Jan – Disco (More information to follow)
- 13th Feb – Reception and Year 5 Cake/pre-loved uniform sale
- March (Date TBC)- Quiz Night
- 2nd April – Years 1 and 2 Cake/pre-loved uniform sale
- 24th April – Disco (more details to follow)
- 13th June 12:00 pm-3:00 pm- Summer Fair (more information to follow)