WHAT IS THE PARENTS’ ASSOCIATION?
The short answer is every parent or carer with a child at Camp School is automatically a member.
WHAT WE DO
Throughout the year we run numerous activities and events to raise funds for the school. In recent years the PA has provided significant funding for technology, books, play equipment, school trips, parties, and birthday books for every child with the aim of enhancing the children’s school experience.
WHO RUNS THE PARENTS’ ASSOCIATION?
The PA is run by a committee voted for by all the members at the Annual General Meeting. Any member can stand. The current Chair is Sandra Teague. The idea is the Committee runs the charity but that all members are encouraged to help and contribute.
WHAT EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES ARE THERE?
The main events are the Christmas and Summer fairs – these are designed to be great fun for all the family with crafts, games arcade, cake stalls, hot food and much more. These are great events to help at and enjoy.
In addition the PA runs regular cafés offering the opportunity to socialise over tea and cake, a crèche during parent consultation evenings, and a hugely popular quiz night. In the summer term “Ice cream Fridays” are a big hit after school. The profits go towards funding the School Yearbook which every child receives free. This is a lovely record of the children’s achievements over the year with pictures, photos and comments. Upcoming events already organised are as follows:
- 12 February – Comedy Night
- 14 February – Reception and Year 5 Cake Sale and “Pre-loved Uniform” sale
- 15 February – Non-Uniform Day (£1 donation to be brought into school on the day)
- 9 March – Quiz Night (Details to follow)
- 4 April – Years 1 and 2 Cake Sale and “Pre-loved Uniform” sale
- 26 April – Disco (details to follow)
- 18 May – School Maintenance Day
- 24 May – Non-Uniform Day (£1 donation to be brought into school on the day)
- 15 June – Summer Fair
- 6-7 July – Camp Out
- 18 July – Summer Parties
- To find out more about the PA please take a look at the Beginner’s Guide.
- Minutes for the 2018 AGM